Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MMO game mean MMO monthlys?

If we go to a model where people pay $1.99 and say get the first month free, they would still have to sign up for the IAP sub to continue. The other issue is it would allow pirates to download the game and play for a month for free, since there is no real mechanic to see if you actually purchased the game.

Having the IAP subscription model from the start it allows us to have everything set up and running from the start and not have any issues with pirates. We have thought about having IAP where you can buy credits to play in a game, but that certainly won't be at the start.

I agree, I just feel this would lose a bunch of potential customers because they can't even really see/experience the game with paying for a subscription.

Maybe something like Lavenders2 said about getting a free game. Maybe they have access to like a "tutorial island" which is a single sector tutorial type of thing?

Is it possible to have a offer on launch where $1.99 will give you 2 months instead of one, and after two months pass, the real subscription model gets put out ($1.99 a month)? In other words, you will only get the 1 free month if you pay within the first two months of launch. That will encourage people who are on the ropes about deciding if the game is worth it more likely to say yes.
    Nice everything you have there...
    Sssssssssssssssssss

I like this idea, maybe with the purchase of the game at 1.99 you get a full games worth if over two months and if under get a full month's worth.

Like no matter when you purchase the game, not just launch

btw Lavenders i love your sig :P

Quote Originally Posted by ksib View Post
    I like this idea, maybe with the purchase of the game at 1.99 you get a full games worth if over two months and if under get a full month's worth.

Like no matter when you purchase the game, not just launch

btw Lavenders i love your sig :P
    Minecraft ftw!

The problem with extending the free month deal is that people will delete the app, make a new account, and get half price again. By making it two months, you can only get the deal once
    Sssssssssssssssssss

What about the people who want to buy it after the two months? They can only view trailers and hope that a friend already bought it if they are hesitant to purchase the game due to the subscription.

What about the people who want to buy it after the two months? They can only view trailers and hope that a friend already bought it if they are hesitant to purchase the game due to the subscription.
    If you were hesitant on a game for 2 months, chances are you either never had the money in the first place, or by then you will lose interest. The only problem with extending the time of the offer is that people are going to take advantage of it. Zarksoft can't be getting just half the income on the game forever, that isn't fair on them
    Sssssssssssssssssss

What about people who live under a rock or something? But more seriously, what about someone who doesn't hear about it until much later? Yeah, it's a much smaller margin of people, but it is still large enough to be considered.

What about people who live under a rock or something? But more seriously, what about someone who doesn't hear about it until much later? Yeah, it's a much smaller margin of people, but it is still large enough to be considered.
    Whenever I am unsure if I want to buy a game or not, I read the reviews. The whole point of the initial price reduction is to convince people who are on the verge of getting the game to buy it early on. After two months, if people give out positive reviews for it, then those people are going to be more likely to buy the game. It's not like someone is going to buy the game at a cheaper price if they don't like the idea of it.
    Sssssssssssssssssss

This is true, I agree with you. I just find that a "demo" is always a better seller IMO.