Thread: Mystery Of The EoTE Universes

Mystery Of The EoTE Universes

Ok I built a Colony Ship and used it to colonize a Rock Planet with TerraForm Level: 0 . Now it looked like it was doing what it was meant to but?

I do remember looking at the planet population and it was at 1Mu

Now I don’t know if it is or has been colonized, how do you know?

It does look to me like is has not colonized, but my Colony Ship has gone (I can’t see it next to the planet I tried to colonize).

So: 1 Colony Ship has gone?. 2 how do you know if a planet has been colonized?

Any direction would be appreciated.
    Last edited by idFREEK; 05-26-2012 at 08:47 PM.

your problem is that you colonized on a rock planet - essentially your colony members all suffocated to death or however you want to imagine it. If you have a 0 teraform level it cannot sustain population without teraforming. The heirarchy of planets are Teran > water > ice > dead. Basically, only colonize Teran and Water if you can manage it . The rock planet <probably> has all the ore it took to make the colony ship on it still so all you've really lost is some time which luckily there is plenty of in this game!
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
    colonized on a rock planet - essentially your colony members all suffocated to death
    I see ouch, poor wee mites.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
    colony ship on it still
    Can I salvage that colony ship or is it lost for good?

Thanks for your help.

No problem. There isn't a way to salvage the actual ship but the resources needed to make it should be in that planet. You could send a harvester or two to recollect them on the nearest planet you own that has factories
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO

Thanks again for your info.

How long does it take to colonize a planet? Is it governed by anything like colony ship tech level?
    Last edited by idFREEK; 05-30-2012 at 05:24 PM.

I was actually thinking of colonizing the planet like rock or fire once I had terrofotmers available. Do u think that will work?

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    I was actually thinking of colonizing the planet like rock or fire once I had terrofotmers available. Do u think that will work?
    I would think it would. Might want to make it an Outpost first, then Terraform it, and then put a colony on it, just to be safe.