Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm freaking out with the servers being down.

Man, so apparently with this latest server outage, which I count at approximately 8 hours, time stood still in the game. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE figure out a way to send out automatic server status reports. I've been up since 5:30 EST wondering what the hell happened. I even got to the point that I thought you all were caught in a fire, that got you two as well as the servers.

I can't imagine they'd reset a server 5 days in, that would cause a huge uproar. I think a lesson was learned about a backup after Akuru was reset after a day.

Well, apparently the servers are down again. At least on Irkalla for sure.

Yeah, Irkalla is down, but Aruru is up. Hopefully it isn't down long.

Everything is up now btw. Also, it's worth mentioning that what Tsagoth means by getting the watched dogs tuned is that we're setting up an automated monitoring system that will get the servers back online if something should go wrong so we'll have a lot less down time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Everything is up now btw. Also, it's worth mentioning that what Tsagoth means by getting the watched dogs tuned is that we're setting up an automated monitoring system that will get the servers back online if something should go wrong so we'll have a lot less down time.
    That's great! Especially since it seems like the the servers have been going down late at night, when I assume you sleep. You do sleep right? ;-) So any automated help for the servers is a great thing for all of us users.

The watchdogs are working fairly well now although there are a couple of conditions that they can't catch. After much staring at 200MB trace files today and and some patching, several of the worst errors have been fixed now, I think. At least on Irkulla. I haven't patched the others yet since they aren't showing any symptoms.

There is still a serious deadlock problem the source of which has yet to be discovered.

Great update. Thanks. I suppose a Deadlock is what's been occurring in the late hours and is responsible for the dead servers? Oh and I saw a popup for a Hotstart notification. What's a Hotstart?

A hotstart is when I bounce the server to pick up code patches and it just loads fast.