1) I don't think I'm understanding the actual bones of combat. I had an orbital shipyard get destroyed by 4 destroyer's. I would've figured that, with a much higher atk and defense, it would've been fine. but, apparently, that's not true? On a related note, then, how many fighters would it take to kill a single destroyer -- how much of that answer has to do with the fact that fighters can't fleet-up?

2) what all can you attack? planets, orbitals, and ships? which defend the others? Is it only ships that will defend things in its orbit? I can't expect orbitals to defend ships or orbitals to defend the planet? I can't expect the planet to defend ships/orbitals? But I can expect ships to defend both orbitals and the planet?

3) I had someone park an outpost ship in orbit around my star. I sent 4 fighters after it, which were all summarily lost. I wasn't seeing or getting reports on combat. Was this just my fighters losing fights? or is there some kind of restriction on what fighters can orbit?