Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat

Ok, I have submitted a specific bug report about this, but I have a situation where a player has a fleet orbiting the star in my system that I cannot attack. I move my fleet to the same orbit, both fleets are listed in the side menu when it arrives, but when I order an attack, nothing happens. I also cannot attack this player's probe orbiting my colony.

I hope this can be sorted out quickly, because if combat isn't working correctly it undermines a large portion of the game.

Thanks.

Also, let me add another anecdote. I just had one of my probes destroyed in someone elses system after a protracted battle that I had no idea was happening. I actually checked the system and saw the combat animation around the planet my probe was orbiting, but it did not even occur to me that my probe was under attack (it just so happened that my probe was there observing a battle between two other players, I assumed the combat I saw was some "ghost" of their battle). I received absolutely no feedback whatsoever that one of my ships was involved in a battle. This seems like a gross oversight, or a bug.

If one of my ships is involved in battle, I think I should at least be receiving an ingame notification about it so I can react. If not a realtime notification, some post-battle report such as "Your probe in sector 1,1 was destroyed by So-and-so!"

Amusingly, with all the disappearing ships and whatnot, I actually had to message the guy to ask him if he blew up my probe before I understood what had happened.

You guys have a great foundation and really compelling concept for a game here, but there seem to be quite a few major gameplay bugs / oversights that make me feel it's not quite ready for prime-time (by which I mean paying customers). Absolutely loving the aspects that are working, but I'm worried that all the strategic effort I'm putting in is going to go to waste when some fundamental gameplay element isn't working appropriately.

I have disabled the combat battle reports because due to bugs in the combat AI people were receiving dozens if not hundreds of emails. Once I think the spamming issue has been resolved I'll enable the reports again.

Have you looked into the battle bugs for Aruru today? I posted a few bug reports with pictures. Really strange stuff going on in Aruru. Lack of notifications is a big minus thus far.

It's a high priority, but higher still is fixing the invisible harvester problem. I fear I missed an edge case that can cause a harv to invis.

Is there any update or progress on this? I have an enemy probe orbiting my home system star for about 5 hours now. I have set him to war status and clicked on the probe and selected the attack button, and confirmed it. I have moved fighters singly and as a fleet into orbit on the same star (although the appear in different "spaces" on the map) and they sit there for 20 minutes with nothing happening. I moved destroyers into the same orbit and left them there for an hour, nothing happened.

Does combat even work at all in this game currently?

Where is it explained what the significance is for the different spaces around a planet and a star? Are all the spaces "in orbit"? Why do ships and fleets sometimes take different positions around a star/planet for no apparent reason?

Tell me the server and system where this is and I will check it out.

There is a reason to the placements. "Top" three positions are the "owner" positions, from L-R: Orbitals, Fleets, Individual ships. "Bottom" three are everybody else, Orbitals, Fleets, Ships..

Mareth server, Sector 17,3

Thanks

Possibly it's 17.3? It's fuzzy.