Thread: Colony Terraforming Order of Operations

Colony Terraforming Order of Operations

Can I terraform after setting up a colony or is a prep thing to be done in advance of settling? I can't find an answer to this in the documentation.

Terraforming can be done at any time as long as the planet is yours.

One side note.. You can't terraform Gas planets.. Anything else can be, and the higher the terraform the higher the populace.

Is that why all the Starting Terran planets are stuck at 400Mu? Because base Terraform level is at 80%?

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but my question is related - just built my first terraformer ship, and I'm wondering what planets I can use it on. I get that it can't be used on a gas planet, does that mean it can be used any place else? I've moved it over to a few un-occupied planets (rock, lava, ice, etc) and once it's there, there's no button to press to make it do anything other than move/fleet/scrap. I see in Tsagoth's earlier post the planet has to be mine before I can terraform it. What ways do I have available to do that? Will an outpost do? Can I even plant a colony there to make it mine when its current terraform level is only 20% (or even 0% for example)? Thanks for the help!

Most planets have some form of Terraform level, you may put colonies on those without terraforming them first. Gas giants can not be terraformed. Anything other than that can be terraformed and therefore increase their terraform level and population.