Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Research Queue tab as default?

Research Queue tab as default?

I would prefer that the research queue tab is the default as it is what I want to view when I normally go to that section of the UI.

Waste of time always having to look at Fleet techs (top tab) and then hit queue. Rather be on queue and then select the next items to add.

Anyone else feel the same?

Yeah, makes sense to me.

I could also make it default to the queue tab if you have skills queued, and if not I would other wise drop to the Fleet tab. Is that good?

Not sure - it might be better to see the queue is empty?

But definitely great to go to queue tab if skills are enabled.

I think Zark's suggestion is perfect. If you don't have anything queued, seeing the Queue Tab would be just as useless as seeing the Fleet Tab when you have something queued.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    I think Zark's suggestion is perfect. If you don't have anything queued, seeing the Queue Tab would be just as useless as seeing the Fleet Tab when you have something queued.
    Not true. I frequently check to see remaining time on my actively researched tech. IMO the queue should always be the default view. If there is nothing in the tab at all (nothing active or queued), then fleet would be fine, but if that's the case then you're not doing it right

In the next client update it defaults to the research que if you're actively researching anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    In the next client update it defaults to the research que if you're actively researching anything.
    In the latest client, when you go to the Research section, the screen shows any research items in your queue, but it's not actually opening the Queue (Queued Skills) tab - as the Fleet Ctrl tab is still highlighted, which means if you want to add something from that tab, you have to click on one of the other tabs, then back to Fleet Ctrl to be able to open it.

Didn't notice that in testing. I'll have a look at this and make sure it is corrected.