Thread: Automated Loss Reports

Automated Loss Reports

I find the Automated Loss Reports to contain less-than-useful information.

"Deep space network SPARTAN reports your Ship: 2685 has been lost, possible spatial anomaly detected. Last known position was Sector 4443"

First of all, why do they say "Ship: xxxx" instead of just "Probe", or at least have "Probe" in parentheses after the ship number so I know what it is I lost?

Second, how am I supposed to locate Sector 4443? The sectors are mapped like "Galaxy 1,0; Sector 6,14", etc. The loss report doesn't even give me a button that lets me view the sector.

Has anyone else lost ships to another player? If so, does it tell you who attacked you? I know that a "spatial anomaly" was probably a space monster or something, but it would suck if you don't even know which identifiable player did it.

I lost outpost to a colony ship. I think reports are turned off. It did not tell me I lost the outpost or who took it.

My problem is the same, although I never found it to be a big deal.
    My guess on what you have found is a black hole, because you lose your probe to an unexplored sector when this happens.
    If an enemy attacks it, you see their stuff before your ship dies.
    So if you were getting your probe to travel on a straight path and they explored half of what they were told to, then that space after the explored stuff is "hidden fun stuff" (perhaps the ability to mark such places would be nice...)

It's like playing mine sweeper I suppose.. If your probe disappears in the middle of flight it was 1 of 2 things.. Aliens.. They don't like people... or a blackhole. A player can not kill a ship in flight at this time. Not going to say that will always be the case. Since we may add things that cause a ship to drop out of warp for piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    It's like playing mine sweeper I suppose.. If your probe disappears in the middle of flight it was 1 of 2 things.. Aliens.. They don't like people... or a blackhole. A player can not kill a ship in flight at this time. Not going to say that will always be the case. Since we may add things that cause a ship to drop out of warp for piracy.
    Alright, fair enough. But it would still be nice to know WHAT was destroyed and WHERE in a format that I can understand.

Yeah, I never understood the Sector location SPARTAN referenced when we were getting reports of lost ships/probes. Sector 4443 means absolutely nothing to me, when all sectors are two double digit numbers separated by a comma, and separating 4443 with a comma does not come up with an actual sector location. It's like it is giving me a location in Parsecs, which I definitely can not decipher.

I don't seem to get reports of any type.

^ they've been disabled for now, as
    They were apparently spamming people. I think they have a fix, just need to push it out.

SPARTAN reports are still issued. The battle reports after a fight ends are what have been disabled.