Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: confused about trade

confused about trade

I'm still a little puzzled by the trade. I watched a video a dozen times and sent about 20 harvesters (setting my planet as destination) and getting no result as far as I can tell. The detail menu under diplomacy window has all my trade progress set at 0. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I hit a major bug?

I'm confused too. I have a long way to go before I hit 4 billion CO. I wish there was some way of knowing what you are going to get out of a trade when you set up a route. Something along the lines of "x CO/hour" would be helpful.

You can only have one ship per colony world for trade routes. That is, you can o ly set up the exact same route once. Ex: Planet X to Planet Y 1 Ship. But you can also have Planet X to Planet Z. You can't have 20 ships making the same route. Only 1 per route.

What they didn't explain in tutorial video is that u actually have to fly to the other players planet and than the trade option will be available. But instead the video said "oh yeh, it's same as harvesting"... So I've been using harvesting controls to trade 0.o
    Jokes on me!!!

You are correct. It wasn't until another thread about trade that I learned you had to get into the other player's orbit to initiate a trade. They definitely need a lot of work on the tutorial.

Ah crap.. I think I had intended to create a seperate video for 'How to setup a trade route' vs. explaining all the mechanics behind trade in 'How trade works' and so I left out that one, really important, piece of information. I'll go in and add a seperate 'How to setup a trade route' to fill in that gap.

That would be great Lee! We've basically been fumbling in the dark, unless we troll the forums (like I do).

On a side note: So that's YOUR voice in the videos, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    I'm confused too. I have a long way to go before I hit 4 billion CO. I wish there was some way of knowing what you are going to get out of a trade when you set up a route. Something along the lines of "x CO/hour" would be helpful.
    I think it would be awesome if that information would show up.
    Because tutorial states that the longer the trip the better reward is. But it also states that for longer trips you need better ships...
    One thing that tutorial did not say is if the other players planet resource balance has anything to do with the amount of resources you get, which is kinda shady because for instance RO can only be obtained from player planets that have it.

So from all of this I can assume the following equation:
    CO=(distance*%factor)*(planet ore*%factor + planet RO*%factor)=value, if value > cargo capacity, then set value=cargo capacity.

Which brings us back to the point of not knowing what u get from a trade. If you set trade rout too close, you are not getting enough return. If you set the trade rout like 3 galaxies away, you will loose valuable resources and time.

If the design intent is to keep trade info secret, then we better hit the test server ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    So from all of this I can assume the following equation:
    CO=(distance*%factor)*(planet ore*%factor + planet RO*%factor)=value, if value > cargo capacity, then set value=cargo capacity.
    I'm all for formulae. We would have a better jumping-off point if we could at least observe the contents of the freighter while en route. If cargo capacity is only relevant when picking up ore while harvesting, then we can remove the "if value>cargo, then value=cargo" condition.