Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: confused about trade

I'm pretty sure if you are at peace with that person then they could just show up and start a trade route without any acceptance on your part. Hence the reason to embargo everyone you encounter until you can establish a line of communication with them.

That is correct - if you're at peace with someone it's assumed they can trade with you. If you don't want someone to be able to trade set them to embargo. Setting them to war will prevent them from trading and your ships will attack them on site.

Is there a reason a change was made from what the tutorial states about player relations vs what the default actually is in the game? Ie: Tutorial states Embargo is Default setting for all players and peace must be selected to trade. However in the actual game, Peace is the default setting, therefore, embargo must be selected to Not trade. I would think it should work as the tutorial explains, as the end game result is "There can be only one!", so in essence we're all out to kill one another... Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazargar View Post
    Under the ships menu > AI ships if you select a ship that has cargo it should be displayed first thing in the info box. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Question though: If someone shows up and wants to start a trade will it send you a conformation for said trade? Or can they just start trading and I not even realize it?
    Doesn't tell me how much ore the ship is carrying, which is a vital piece of information for assessing the efficiency of the route.

Agreed with ChickenHawk. Having to actively set a status of peace with someone would, as was mentioned, encourage communications between players. This is an MMO after all. I think the less you can do with other players without actually communicating with them the better.