Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: confused about trade

Ok, I did a little test with approximate values...
    I've tested a small harvester (250 cargo) vs regular harvester (1500 cargo).
    The small harvester traded with a player 7 sectors away. This player at the time had 47k ore. The harvester collected 38 ore.
    So here is the equation I came up with: 47/(38/7)=8.7

Regular harvester traded with a player 14 sectors away. This player had 175k ore at the time. The harvester collected 277 ore.
    Same equation: 175/(277/14)=8.8

Is this a coincidence? Maybe.
    Is it worth testing to see if this factor is the secret key to trade? Absolutely!

How can you help us test it:
    Step 1: find a player you wish to trade with and write down the amount of ore he has.
    Step 2: count the sector distance (remember that AI ships pick the most direct root and they can travel in diagonal).
    Step 3: under your details in diplomacy menu, look up your current ore values.
    Step 4: after 1 round of trade is completed, go back to details menu in the diplomacy tab and write down new values of the traded ore.
    Step 5: post back on this tread and make sure to mention which ship you used.

How to estimate:
    (current ore on the planet)*(distance)/8.8=value

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    How to estimate:
    This can't be right for everyone. I have been trading with people for a couple days now, and I have amassed 0 CO under my progress tab.

I just checked one of them, and it had 6ku CO in stock, and was 5 sectors away. By your formula, I should be getting ~3.4CO per trip.

However, I do find the 8.7-8.8 values between the two classes of harvesters interesting. Good find.
    Last edited by AntiHaze; 05-29-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    How to estimate:
    This can't be right for everyone. I have been trading with people for a couple days now, and I have amassed 0 CO under my progress tab.

I just checked one of them, and it had 6ku CO in stock, and was 5 sectors away. By your formula, I should be getting ~3.4CO per trip.

However, I do find the 8.7-8.8 values between the two classes of harvesters interesting. Good find.
    Wait, u were able to check the value of CO from a trade harvester?

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    How to estimate:

Are you sure you are trading the right way? You need to fly your ship to the other players planet first and then the trade rout option appears. If you use harvest commands, nothing will happen. (I made this mistake my self lol)

Are you sure you are trading the right way? You need to fly your ship to the other players planet first and then the trade rout option appears. If you use harvest commands, nothing will happen. (I made this mistake my self lol)
    Yeah but I only seem to get RO in trade, never CO. Can't figure out why.

Ok, since you guys seem determined to sort out the formula for trade here it is. It's actually fairly complicated so hence the simplification in the tutorial. Of course ideally we'll get things in place to show you what you're getting from your trades a little more clearly so getting to the nitty gritty like this won't be so necessary.

1 trade vessel per planet per player
    Trade Value = ((CargoCapacity*Distance) / 10
    Trade Value cannot exceed 2x CargoCapacity,
    Trade Value cannot be greater than the combined resources available of the two planets trading. If Trade Value is greater than the combined resources of the two planets then Trade Value = Planet A's Resources + Planet B's resources.
    Players Counterfeiting and Contracts Management values should = their CF/CM Rank * 10.

Revised Subtotal Forumla
    Player A Sub Total = ((Trade Vale / 100)*((50 - PlayerB's Counterfeighting Value) + Player A's Contracts Management Value)

Player B Sub Total = ((Trade Vale / 100)*((50 - PlayerA's Counterfeighting Value) + Player B's Contracts Management Value)

* Note, the sub total is then divided into CO and RO in the same proportion as the planet that the player is receiving resources from.

Player A Source Planet CO Percentage =
    Player A Planet CO amount / ((Player A Planet CO amount + Player A Planet RO amount) / 100))

Player A Source Planet RO Percentage =
    Player A Planet RO amount / ((Player A Planet CO amount + Player A Planet RO amount) / 100))

So then the amount of resources that Player B recieves from player A would then look like this:

Player B Total CO Received = (Player B Subtotal / 100) * Player A Source Planet CO Percentage.
    Player B Total RO Received = (Player B Subtotal / 100) * Player A Source Planet RO Percentage.

and then you'd do the same thing for Player A but flipped.

- By limiting the total value that can be gathered in a single trip to the ships cargo capacity this also keeps trade in balance with the established planetary resource generation rates.

- By keeping the values of CO / RO traded in proportion to the values present on the respective player's planets so RO will stay relatively rare and you won't be able to get RO from a player that has no RO to trade.

Wow ok. That's awesome. And yes, that was complicated. Especially after drinking a few beers...

Lee this is awesome! You are the best!

So basically if you haven't trained any skills, the most efficient rout is to trade with player 20 sectors away. And as long as you maintain some set CO/RO at your planet, you will always get fully packed trade ships.

Yes, though that number is a little squishy since different vessels move at different speeds so you also want to figure that in. For a Freighter the optimal distance is 20. Also, yes you'll need a good stock pile of CO / RO to maximize your return.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Yes, though that number is a little squishy since different vessels move at different speeds so you also want to figure that in. For a Freighter the optimal distance is 20. Also, yes you'll need a good stock pile of CO / RO to maximize your return.
    Hmm so is it the time traveled or the distance traveled?
    But according to your formula, all u need is a maximum of 10k total resources between two players to teals 5000 resources per player. That is with no skills applied.

Unless I'm missing something, this equation does not actually work.
    Lee could you take a second look at the equations provided? Thanks