Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: confused about trade

It's distanced traveled, and the number 20 isn't actually squishy - I was jumbling optimal route distances with optimal trade distances. (which aren't squishy either but for whatever reason I jumbled that bit.)

Anyhow, was that the main error you were referring to or is there something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Anyhow, was that the main error you were referring to or is there something else?
    Ok I'm going to write out a total value based on your formula by using harvester with 1500 cargo;
    (1500*14)/10=2100 < 2x cargo hold = each player gets 1050 resources if their total planets resource value is at least. (skills set as 0)

Now I did an actual test with the same credentials. Harvester traveled over 14 sectors with combined planet value set at ~50000 and only obtained 277 CO.

I would appreciate if you could answer few more questions:

At which point in trade does the system take in the planet information? (with the constant building, resources often fluctuate)

What constitutes 1 complete trade rout? (is it a round trip or just a trip from player A to B)

At which point do players get a trade bonus? (do players get resources simultaneously or when the ship docks at their planet?

Thanks again Lee, you input is greatly appreciated. We will build you a statue

Not sure I understand the questions but:

1. At the time the trade occurs, the resources at that instant
    2. A- B and the B-A leg
    3. At each end. which bonus is applied depends on whose planet the ship is in orbit around

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Not sure I understand the questions but:

1. At the time the trade occurs, the resources at that instant
    2. A- B and the B-A leg
    3. At each end. which bonus is applied depends on whose planet the ship is in orbit around
    Thanks Tsagoth this helps
    My main point was that the trade formula that Lee posted didn't work. I'm not sure if I'm wrong or not, but right now I'm running additional monitored trades. Will post results tomorrow

Tell me if this is correct:
    Given:
    Ship - harvester - 1500 cargo
    Distance - 20 sectors
    Contract Management Skill - 9
    Other players Counterfeiting Skill - 0

Solution:

Total Value - (1500*20)/10 = 3000

Subtotal Value - (3000/100)*(50-0)+((3000/2)*1.9)) = 4350 ore which further split between CO/RO

Ok, I figured out what my error was - it's Total Value: (cargo capacity * distance) / 27 not /10. I copied that information out of my original design notes but then we adjusted that value once we started testing it in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Ok, I figured out what my error was - it's Total Value: (cargo capacity * distance) / 27 not /10. I copied that information out of my original design notes but then we adjusted that value once we started testing it in game.
    Omg that's perfect! I actually just tested it with a 20 sector run and got 1105 CO. The formula spits out a 1111 CO, it's not exact but pretty damn close!

The last thing we need to settle now is the RO and CO gain. My planet has 73k CO and 2k RO, now I imagine that I should have gotten at least 1 RO based on the formula. But all I got was pure CO.

I'll test more and crunch the split formula.

PS: I was trading with a player that has no RO.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    The last thing we need to settle now is the RO and CO gain. My planet has 73k CO and 2k RO, now I imagine that I should have gotten at least 1 RO based on the formula. But all I got was pure CO.

I'll test more and crunch the split formula.

PS: I was trading with a player that has no RO.
    I'm pretty sure it's only the other players resources that affect your CO/RO split since you're receiving resources from them in trade. So if they have none to give, you get none.

You are right, I just looked it over again. Ops!

Lee you are off the hook! Thanks a lot again for all your help
    Last edited by Supamand; 05-30-2012 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    We would have a better jumping-off point if we could at least observe the contents of the freighter while en route.
    Under the ships menu > AI ships if you select a ship that has cargo it should be displayed first thing in the info box. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Question though: If someone shows up and wants to start a trade will it send you a conformation for said trade? Or can they just start trading and I not even realize it?