Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resource question

Resource question

Ok - just want to double check.

If I have a planet that list common resources as 49/ 1 u

Does that mean the planet has 49 stored?

When my small harvester goes there to pickup - that 49 should move down, correct? By what amount? I feel like nothing is getting moved around. Not sure how to judge my rate correctly.

If you have a planet that shows 49/1u in the detailed planet view, yes, that is what the planet currently has. A mini harvester should be able to take all of that in one trip. Just to be clear, when you click on the planet info icon (the circle) it shows Common Ore (let's say 45k/ 1k) the 45 is what is there NOW. The 1k is what the planet produces per hour. Same goes for Rare Ore.

So my small Harvestors are NOT working.

The resource planet should be listed as source, correct? And the colony should be listed as destination? Not sure why nothing is moving around.

Correct. Set the place you want to mine as Source and the place you want it delivered as Destination. Just remember, when you click on a planet once, it shows you what it produces per hour, not what is there. It isn't until you click on the planet view (the O ) that it brings up the detailed info on the planet, like Population and resources available. So make sure you aren't trying to mine a planet that hasn't produced any ore in the last hour.

Are you touching the check box to begin the route after you've set the source and destination?

Aren't we supposed to leave the routes in place? Not certain how often they travel versus the mining.

My one planet has 50u there and does not go down. And my HW did not move up when the ship landed.

50u is nothing, so if your HW has more than 100Ku, you won't notice an increase of only 50u

If you're mining the planets in your home sector then you are going to be striping those planets faster than they can produce. Therefore, I only leave one harvester in my home sector to mine. Yes,it requires more action on my part to move the harvester over to the next planet once I've bled it dry, but it yields me more resources over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Are you touching the check box to begin the route after you've set the source and destination?
    This maybe the problem, I will double check.

Yes, I was clicking the check box after the route. I just stopped the routes that have a problem and restarting them to see what happens.
    Last edited by GeeWhiz; 05-29-2012 at 01:36 AM.

I can't say that this is your problem, but I see a lot of log messages where harvesters are returning home because the player does not own the planet to be harvested. I think you start out owning the planets in your own system, but if you go to another sector you must drop either a Mining Outpost or a Colony ship in order to harvest the planet.

If you set a harvester route, and it goes out to the source, comes back to the destination and stops, that's a pretty good indication that you don't have mining privileges at the source planet.