Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resource question

I am sending small harvesters to my outposts. Not sure why the planets never empty of resources - they just increase even though I have the route working back and forth (other outposts do run out).

Quote Originally Posted by GeeWhiz View Post
    I am sending small harvesters to my outposts. Not sure why the planets never empty of resources - they just increase even though I have the route working back and forth (other outposts do run out).
    If the outpost's resource generation is greater than the rate of transport of your harvesting ship, then the outpost's resources can remain the same or even increase. Outposts right next to my colonies all run out of stockpiled resources, but further away, outposts, even with multiple harvesters, do not.

How far away from the destination are the outposts that are still increases in their total minerals? A small harvester can only keep up with a planet within 2 parsecs IIRC, anything further away you need a resource harvester or more than 1 small harvester to fully utilize it.

Two sectors away (only one sector inbetween). I did not think that was that far (I can understand on sectors that are very far away).

how long does it take for the harvester? ive set the source and destination and it shows that its in transit...but no ETA

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    how long does it take for the harvester? ive set the source and destination and it shows that its in transit...but no ETA
    No ETA at this time. They'll be adding it in later updates. For now, you'd have to scour this forum for a post that stated transit times for some of the vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    No ETA at this time. They'll be adding it in later updates. For now, you'd have to scour this forum for a post that stated transit times for some of the vessels.
    Using Google, since forum search is broken, I found this:
    The speed values given are the length of time a ship takes to move from one position to another. Speed/5 = seconds of transit time.
    Don't know of that's still exactly accurate as they seem to me to move a bit faster than that.

There are some speed bonuses applied, from skills and I think (could be wrong) that all of a trader's ships get a speed bonus. Speed/5 is still the base travel time between celestial objects.