Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2k resource planet

2k resource planet

Has anyone found a 2k resource planet yet? How rare are they?!?

None till now 1k max i found

Yeah, I haven't found anything over 1k either. But I think it has something to do wih Tech research as well. You can increase your Production a lot with some of the science Tech.

The reason I think it has to do with Tech is, when you scout a planet you'll see something like 900/45. 900 CO/45 RO per hour. But then when you colonize or outpost it, it goes down to like 900/8. I have the first Tech level of Rare Material Gathering, and I would put money on it that my RO output would increase up to a max of 45 on said planet if I maxed out that tech.

1k is the max listed for any planet for Common Ore (CU).

I think it could be a bug, because I notice a significant difference in some planets. Heck! I got this one planet 6 sectors away from my main, it generates so much CO that I need to use two harvesters to keep up with the income! But it still shows only 1k...

is it max1k? because planet guide tells some are >1k. as asked in another thread why a gas dwarf has like 10-40 but planet guide = MIN 250! Does research the right tech change that?

It seems we really need a good documentation with all these confusing things.

I'm pretty sure I figured out how the resources and the tech that influences their production. When you first click on a planet, before acquiring it, it shows a high number, say 900/45. That is the Max output the clanet can produce. Which is why when you acquire it (depending on speciality) the numbers, usually only the RO, go way down. and now when you start researching Advanced Materials Collection you start opening up the Planet's production. When it says for non Trader you get a 3% bump of RO per level, that is actually 3% of the Max value, not 3% of what it is currently producing. So it is definitely beneficial to upgrade your AMC tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    I think it could be a bug, because I notice a significant difference in some planets. Heck! I got this one planet 6 sectors away from my main, it generates so much CO that I need to use two harvesters to keep up with the income! But it still shows only 1k...
    I thought we could only use one harvester per planet...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I thought we could only use one harvester per planet...
    No, you can have as many on a planet as you like. But it only makes sense to have more than one per planet if it is making more than your one harvester can take from it in an hour.