Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2k resource planet

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I thought we could only use one harvester per planet...
    Trading you can only have 1 trade route per other players planet (though you can have multiple to the same planet of yours). Harvesting you can have as many harvesters as you want per planet (though obviously there's a max number that'll be beneficial and the rest are just a waste of objects after)

Okay - gotcha, thanks guys. My confusion was because I had read that to set up a trade route was the same procedure as harvesting, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Okay - gotcha, thanks guys. My confusion was because I had read that to set up a trade route was the same procedure as harvesting, lol.
    Yeah, that part in the tutorial is super confusing. It's not at all like Harvesting. You have to actually fly your ship into the orbit of the planet you want to trade with and then you get the trade icon to appear. Harvesting you just select Source Planet and Destination planet and the ship does the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Has anyone found a 2k resource planet yet? How rare are they?!?
    They'll be fairly rare I think. When the universe spawns, planets are given a base resource value. This is then modified by the type(colour) of star for that system. This is then further modified by the planet's size and its spin rate, which are random values. Looking at the tables, the Water planet is the only one that can spawn full size. So small, slow spinning planets will have low production rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Has anyone found a 2k resource planet yet? How rare are they?!?
    They'll be fairly rare I think. When the universe spawns, planets are given a base resource value. This is then modified by the type(colour) of star for that system. This is then further modified by the planet's size and its spin rate, which are random values. Looking at the tables, the Water planet is the only one that can spawn full size. So small, slow spinning planets will have low production rates.
    Wow! So the planet size was almost an obvious give away in early testing. But I did also notice the resource impact in planets that rotate at a different speed. The star color was the only theory I haven't made observations on.

So wait. You are saying that it's impossible to find a planet that will produce 2500CO (as listed on a planet guide for fire and sand planets)?

Do you think it's possible to at least show at least 1 decimal place in planets income? So you could see if it's producing 1.1k or 1.9k CO?

Do you think it's possible to at least show at least 1 decimal place in planets income? So you could see if it's producing 1.1k or 1.9k CO?
    Agreed - 1k Rare Ore could mean 1.0k or 1.9k and that's a very different set of numbers.

So wait. You are saying that it's impossible to find a planet that will produce 2500CO (as listed on a planet guide for fire and sand planets)?
    It would appear so. Using my Magic Calculator I think the peak will be 1750 or thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    It would appear so. Using my Magic Calculator I think the peak will be 1750 or thereabouts.
    Thanks for clarifying.

I will be changing the scaling and spin rates such that 2K planets will be possible, and it will be retroactive on the current games. Probably in a few days.