Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Combat System

Jet, try your destroyer run again.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    I'm guessing in some cases it is possible for a ship to "miss" the target (ie. in capital ship vs. fighter scenarios).
    There are no misses. For some situations there are skill-controlled opportunities that appear that might not be used, but I don't count those as misses. If something gets a shot off, it will land, even if it only does 1 damage.

SomTsagoth, how are Fighters supposed to help take on a Capital Ship?

Triple damage, although I have to say we never really had much in the way of Capital ships fighting so it's a bit unknown how viable they are.

Ohhhh ok, so they actually do 12 points of damage per round to a Capital ship, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Jet, try your destroyer run again.
    I will assemble an identical force (9 destroyers), it'll take me an hour or so to get them in to position. Will post again with results then.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    I will assemble an identical force (9 destroyers), it'll take me an hour or so to get them in to position. Will post again with results then.
    P1860 appears to be yours with the loss of 3.

Yeah, took me longer to set up than I thought and couldn't get back on for a while, but yes, the attack worked. Thanks for getting that worked out for us!

It's been a lot of posts since I read what the Planet was, and I don't feel like re reading. This was an Outpost, not a Colony, correct?

Yes, a destroyer killing outpost.