Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name for squares in galaxy view

I don't know, we know for certain that there are lots of Galaxies in the known Universe. So I say what you call the Galaxy Map, I call the Universe Map.

Except that the Universe is made of lots of galaxies with even more empty space in between. We know what galaxies look like, the top level map clearly looks like a single galaxy.

I've had lively discussions with zarkwizard on this topic over the past few years. The Zarksoft devs call galaxy squares 'galaxies' and the level below those 'sectors'. I call them 'galactic sectors' and 'sectors'. I don't think a section of a galaxy should be called a 'galaxy', but hey, that's not my call. : )

I think I could get used to Galactic Sectors... But yes Vanderbilt, you are correct, it does look like a Galaxy, but I still don't think you can get away with calling it a Sector. Not unless the change the way you reference your full location. Galactic Sectors would change that, as it still starts with a "G". In the end, it's all semantics....