Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raven's Guide to Winning Empire of the Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    Maxed out advanced shipyards would give you +90 objects per starbase, plus the base 10 from the starbase is 100 objects x 10 starbases would be 1000 objects (which is what I recall the devs saying the max was). Not sure how raven got to 1026 on Nergal, but sounds about right.
    Ah! I misunderstood how the tech worked. I was under the impression each level was essentially another +10, not +10 per shipyard.

I can definitely verify that its 10 per shipyard. I have 5 shipyards on Irkalla with 1 tier of advanced shipyards and 115 max objects. Not sure where the extra 5 come from (100 from shipyards, 10 from starting count, 5 from other colonies besides homeworld?). If you get +1 object per colony (just going with that idea since that could explain my 115), that could also explain how he got up to 1026 objects, if he has 1000 from shipyards, 10 from starting, and 16 colonies?

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    Maxed out advanced shipyards would give you +90 objects per starbase, plus the base 10 from the starbase is 100 objects x 10 starbases would be 1000 objects (which is what I recall the devs saying the max was). Not sure how raven got to 1026 on Nergal, but sounds about right.
    I had admin powers on Nergal before the game launched for testing, so I was able to get to max everything very quickly. I had them remove my admin powers once the game launched.

I meant more I wasn't sure how you got over 1k since I thought I remembered hearing that was the absolute max

Even more weird I have 1052 of 1026 objects.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    Even more weird I have 1052 of 1026 objects.
    Eh, that part is easily explained by the fact that you could get more objects than your max was supposed to allow.

Real User
    (I try to learn the game by playing on Nergal : there is no other way cause the wiki and tutorial are a little poor. Maybe also because English is not my native language).

Do I understand correctly that there is a max on starbases (where a starbase is created by a colonyship).
    If this is true:
    - I can start all over again (glad it's a training server)
    - There is definitely a written game manual necessary

As a side note : imho a written manual would attract more people to start

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    Alternatively, you can poach outposts from all the land grabbers that overextend themselves. It takes a bit of micromanaging in terms of intel gathering, but it is quite easy to snatch a newly colonized outpost and quickly move the 25k CO off to your own colonies.

Even if it's not economically sound in the long term, war is often necessary (and fun). One thing I have realized so far is that you may be screwed in terms of the resource value of the planets you have access to at the beginning of the game. After fully probing my sector, I have discovered a number of players who were lucky enough to start in or near systems with 2 huge jovian worlds and 2 terran worlds. Meanwhile, I started with an ice world that produced ZERO ore of any kind, and a couple of dumpy rock worlds, and found nothing much more compelling nearby. If you find yourself in this situation, you will need to act aggressively. Don't allow traders to monopolize the jovian planets! You have much to gain by taking them for your own! I increased my RO supply by an order of magnitude overnight last night by taking a jovian outpost from a nearby idle player.

Also, I for one won't stand for this scourge of Traders infiltrating every unclaimed corner of my empire! I don't have the energy to manage a billion outposts, so I probably won't make it to the end game, but I won't go quietly!

Overextended my a**!! Prepare to feel the wrath of Player one corp, knave!

Your harvesters are a scourge on this sector, flooding and filling all the spaces within our borders with their incessant puttering.

These worlds are ours. Attempt no landings here.

Wow, me and Raven play almost the same way. He would be an interesting partner.