Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Trees Dev Diary

Cham - You can only research one technology at a time so to rank up a technology you already have means for going researching new technologies. (I still habitually call them skills but technically they're technologies)

The stealth penalty reduction is relative so 78.5% of normal speed would be the maximum speed of rank 9 cloaked ships.

Currently you can kill yourself with a blackhole, I suppose we should do something about that but it would be pretty funny to an outside observer.

Spar - Yes, it's a modifier to a base stealth / detection value.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    Are the percentages compounding on the relative speed value, or on the absolute speed value?
    So 50% penalty reduced by 10% is 45%, reduced again is 40.5%, leading to a maximum moving speed while cloaked of ~78.5% of maximum speed at rank 9, as opposed to 130% (-50% at rank 1, plus 80% (ranks 2-9)).
    You are correct.. and that's the reason I'll never win.

Yes, you could doom your civ to death by blackhole. Need to be careful playing with those advanced techs I suppose.. If you did that I might actually stand a chance at winning.

"Spartanius, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "

Any ideas? Like I said, if I log out I can access it fine. Its just when I am logged into this account that I am restricted.
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanius View Post
    Any ideas? Like I said, if I log out I can access it fine. Its just when I am logged into this account that I am restricted.
    Try now and let me know.

Works now, thanks!
    --- *Member of the SCAT alliance* ---
    My device: iPod Touch 4G

I read the diaries and i am even more excited i didn't think there was gonna be this much effort into the game. DANG!!