Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trading issue

Now wait, what exactly is the bug? The tutorial video (not they they haven't been wrong before ) says you can only have 1:1 trading relationships between planets. So I'm assuming that means anyone who has set up more than one route with any planet is seeing the bug, not people who can't, or is that backwards? If you can have a trade relationship between another players planet and two of your own, that would be 1:2, not 1:1, and of you can have routes from two opponent planets to the same planet of yours, then that would be 2:1, not 1:1. How exactly is this supposed to work?

The tutorial does explain this correctly, though I think the initial diagram is probably what's confusing the issue here. The rule is each player can only have one trade route between any two planets, so you can't have 50 harvesters going between the same two planets. You can however have multiple trade routes that connect to a single planet so long as they all originate from different planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    The tutorial does explain this correctly
    Really? Maybe I'm just dumb, but this:
    You can however have multiple trade routes that connect to a single planet so long as they all originate from different planets.
    Sounds quite contrary to what the video says:
    when trading with another player, you may only have one trade vessel assigned per planet. So if youre trading with player A, and player A has 5 planets, you can create five trade routes, one per planet.
    If I understand you correctly, that number should be 5 routes times the number of planets you own.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiHaze View Post
    For traders, this needs to be fixed ASAP. Our strategies kind of depend on it :S
    Agreed. My plan was to set up as many trade routes as I possibly could to all my planets to maximize my income. It severely limits me when I can only do 1 trade route per other players planet.

No Royce, it's more likely that I need to be more clear in the description of how it works. What I was trying to say is that you can have 5 trade routes. One from your planet to each of their five planets.

Basically, to sum up, if I have 3 planets and my partner has 3 planets, I should be able to set up 9 total trade routes between all our planets.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkhai View Post
    Basically, to sum up, if I have 3 planets and my partner has 3 planets, I should be able to set up 9 total trade routes between all our planets.
    Yes. I had Lee explain it to me yesterday and it's on my whiteboard: "20 A can trade with 1 B. 1 A can trade with xx players"

I think you all need to change the Diplomacy back to the way the Tutorial says the default is. Right now all players are at peace, and you can't change your diplomacy status until you've encountered a person. So as it stands right now, I could have a harvester trading with every single person in the game (once I find their colonies) and their colonies, unless they actively embargo me.

So I think it needs to be Embargo as default.

The next server update will set everyone to embargo as the default.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    The next server update will set everyone to embargo as the default.
    Ok awesome! Thanks for the quick response :-)