Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

No, a colony only gives you control of the planet you put the colony on. The difference between a colony and an outpost is that an outpost only generates resources but can't do anything with them, while the colony will generate resources, but also gets population and once the pop is high enough, gets factories to build stuff with said resources. It's only in your starting system that you get control of every planet automatically, after that you can build a colony in another system but will still need to create outposts on all the other planets if you want them as well.

so is it good practice to occupy all planets in a sector?

Yah, the more planets you have the better, since it means more income. For the most part you only need outposts on most planets with harvesters bringing the resources back to your colonies. Definitely shouldn't need more than 1 colony per system (sector? whatever you wanna call the view with the star and planets visible), you shouldn't need a colony in every single system, but I have no idea yet how many colonies you want vs outposts etc.

ok sounds good....just waiting for my shipyard to finish so i can build new ships.
    i noticed alot of things i cannot build because i do not meet requirements.
    are they mostly structures (shipyards, etc), tech, or ore?
    do you use ore to build ships?

You use ore to build everything. Everything (I believe) requires some amount of common ore (CO), some also require rare ore (RO). Some things simply require the shipyard for you to build them - like the colony ship. Most require you to research something before you build them- if you look through various research options they'll tell you what they allow you to build. Looking at items in the factory they list requirements as well, but I'm not certain they're all correct (I believe battleship fails to list the research required to build it for example).

Ok I have my shipyard built but I don't have enough CO to build a colony ship. I have some small harvesters going but only like 4...I just realized that they don't count toward your object count...true? Should I build hundreds of these?

I saw that because I built my shipyard it allows for more objects, so do the small harvesters take up an object.
    Also, I have been harvesting planets in my sector. They show to have 1Ku of CO...but when I open the planet menu it says 0u....does that mean I have harvested all of the CO and need to wait for it to regenerate?

They do count to your object count. So far the only way to refresh the object count is by logging out and logging back in.

Hey, whoever was asking for a manual... I think we should just turn this thread into the manual lol

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    Also, I have been harvesting planets in my sector. They show to have 1Ku of CO...but when I open the planet menu it says 0u....does that mean I have harvested all of the CO and need to wait for it to regenerate?
    Yah, small harvesters can drain a planet in the same system faster than it can regenerate. They'll keep running the harvest routes and whenever it's generated more resources the harvester will grab it and take it back to the destination.