Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

So I need to keep an eye on the planets..and when they are drained move the harvesters to a new place?

Yeah this could be a manual lol.
    It has helped me tremendously!

I just leave the harvesters set to the planets. Like I said, they'll keep harvesting as the planet keeps generating resources.

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    So I need to keep an eye on the planets..and when they are drained move the harvesters to a new place?

Yeah this could be a manual lol.
    It has helped me tremendously!
    If you're hurting on your Object count you can use one harvester per colony system, but that requires ALOT of micromanaging. And believe me, I mean a lot! But if you can spare it, and I suspect you can, as the 'ole RTS "Rush" doesn't really work in this game, you should keep one Harvester per outpost. It makes your life a lot easier.

If i build a colony, but it doesnt have the population for a factory yet....can i deliver ore to it or do i need to wait for my first factory?

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    If i build a colony, but it doesnt have the population for a factory yet....can i deliver ore to it or do i need to wait for my first factory?
    You can star transporting ore there right away.

Hope you don't mind, I might tack on a few questions to this thread:

- One of my planets shows 0u / +0u. Is it possible for a planet to never replenish anything and be completely out of resources?
    (Update: Validated with Leedots information: It is Jovian, and I have no skills to harvest)
    - Can small harvesters deliver to resource harvesters as their destination (I suppose this is something I should test but I havent yet had time to build a larger one yet)? Even more so, is a small harvester capable of doing everything a resource harvester can but is just a lot slower and carries a lot less or is there things that it cant do?
    -Since I haven't been in combat yet, do my ships have to be near a planet to defend or will they defend the entire sector if an enemy enters that sector?

Thanks again to everyone on these forums. I've gone from completely bewildered to only slightly bewildered
    Last edited by Eslosh; 06-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Hi Eslosh -

- Umm.. no, it shouldn't be. Planets won't produce RO unless you have advanced materials collection and not every planet produces both RO / CO but they all produce something. If your planet isn't producing anything at all let us know and we'll take a look at it on the server. My guess though is you have a gas dwarf / jovian planet which only produce RO and you haven't researched advanced materials collection.

- No, you can only set planets as your source / destination. Small harvesters can do everything regular harvesters (or cargo ships or freighters) can do. The two main differences between all trade related ships is their speed and how much cargo they can carry.

- Your ships will only defend the planet they're located at.

is the max population for a planet 400?

@Eslosh not at all!! i hope this forum helps others as much as it has helped me. ask as many questions as you like.
    welcome and good luck. this thread has helped me tremendously. this is the first time i have played a game of this type and had NO clue what to do.