Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

What a great thread! I appreciate all the great answers on here! I've learned a whole lot!

I have two more newbie questions to add:

First: I've read here about the harvesters draining the ore from a planet faster than the planet can churn it out. Does anyone actually know the actual rate in time that these harvesters take ore from a planet (and if you do, does it differ with the different harvester ships)? Just curious.

Second: I've been working on stuff in my tech tree. What are the different ranks for for each tech? For example, if I just trained a specific tech, and it's now Rank 1/9 - if I train in again it'll be 2/9 and so on, all the way to 9/9. Does the "special ability" this tech gives me get better with each rank or something? What does the rank mean?

Thanks for the help all! And thanks to Zarksoft for a great game!

When researching new tech....do you have to have at least one researched in each tier in order to move to the next?
    like you have to have a tier 1 completed in order to research a tier 2? and a tier 2 completed in order to start a 3?

To answer BooDro82's question - yes, I finally realized recently you do have to complete tier 1 research before you can do tier 2 or for example you have to complete a tier 4 before you can research a tier 5 research, etc.

(I would click on a tier 5 or 6 research item and at the bottom of the screen text would pop up saying that it was adding to my queue and researching, but when I would go to the queue, it would be empty. Kinda confusing or misleading.)

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    is the max population for a planet 400?
    No, I believe it is 900Mu, or at least that's where you cap out on Factories. So each colony planet, with the proper terraforming level can give you 9 factories. However, you have to research your Planetary Tech to the Max to reach that on a high terraform level planet. You can raise your terraform level by using a terraformer, and I believe the percentage gained from each Terraformer is increased by your terraformer Tech Level.

So that should also answer the other question someone had. Each increase in your Tech level for a particular skill increases its "efficiency", if you will. Most of the skills tell you what you get out of each increase in level. Take Advanced Material Collection: As a trader, you get a bump of 10% of the planet's total RO ability per level. So as a Trader, you are able to get a planet to produce 100% of its RO capability. And that capability is seen when you click on a scouted planet before you put a mining outpost or colony on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbresson View Post
    What a great thread! I appreciate all the great answers on here! I've learned a whole lot!

I have two more newbie questions to add:

First: I've read here about the harvesters draining the ore from a planet faster than the planet can churn it out. Does anyone actually know the actual rate in time that these harvesters take ore from a planet (and if you do, does it differ with the different harvester ships)? Just curious.

Second: I've been working on stuff in my tech tree. What are the different ranks for for each tech? For example, if I just trained a specific tech, and it's now Rank 1/9 - if I train in again it'll be 2/9 and so on, all the way to 9/9. Does the "special ability" this tech gives me get better with each rank or something? What does the rank mean?

Thanks for the help all! And thanks to Zarksoft for a great game!
    The time it takes a harvester to harvest the available ore on a planet is dependent on a few factors, 1) How far away from the destination planet the Harvester is, ie: Length of round trip route. 2) How much ore the Harvester can take in a single load, and 3) How much ore that planet makes per hour, which is the +# you see in the planet info or when clicking on a planet that you own.

If an outpost is in the same sector as the destination planet, one small harvester can pretty much clean out a mining outpost and keep up with the hourly rate at which the planet is producing. At that point, you can just assume you are receiving the full amount per hour the planet is capable of producing. Hope that helps.

And for your second question, see my post above this one.