Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

Newbies guide

i have no idea what im doing, LOL.
    i watched the tutorials but not understanding too much.
    I have set up an outpost and built a probe and harvester.
    I have started building a shipyard.
    I have sent a harvester to a nearby planet....it just says its in transit.
    I am relatively new to this type of game.
    I am completely lost on what to do.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by BooDro82; 06-05-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Phew, definitely read the forums. There are some great posts on early strategies and how to trade, harvest and build. Too much to type in one post. It'll take you some time to learn how to play, and even more to play well. But once you do, I think you'll be as hooked as I am.

is this correct? My common ore on my home planet is 21Ku/+1Ku...that means it currently has 21 and makes 1 per hour?

and the population is 400mu....this increases automatically?
    also...there are 4 planets in my sector...i send harvesters to these four to collect resources?
    and when i have an outpost ship...do i send it to one of these 4 planets? or to another sector?
    Last edited by BooDro82; 05-31-2012 at 03:23 PM.

400mu is the population. It will stay at 400mu if your homeworld's terraform level is 80% unless you do a few skills in the science tree, sorry I don't remember the exact names but one lets population increase per rank and then the one that lets you build terraformers.

Yes the 4 planets in your starting sector with your home world are already outposted just make a harvesting route, third button when you select a harvestor, and select the planet you want to harvest as the source and your homeworld as the destination.

When you create an outpost ship you want to send it to another sector, as the ones in your starting area are already under your control.

ok i have them harvesting and have sent the outpost ship to a nearby sector. how long does it normally take for it to arrive?
    the sector next to my home sector has a green flashing light with some bars next to it...what does that mean?
    all of the other blocks dont have anything...

edit: my outpost ship arrived and i placed it on a planet in a new sector when i open that planet menu it says pop 0u
    and at the bottom it says ore mining available...what do i do now?
    Last edited by BooDro82; 05-31-2012 at 03:40 PM.

The time it takes depends on the distance, also the speed of the ship but for an outpost ship i'd say if it's a few sectors away maybe a few minutes.
    The flashing light is the star, the bars next to it are how many planets in that sector. The bars will fill up brightly if you own a planet(s) in that sector, and darkly if someone else owns a planet(s) in that sector.
    There are a lot of empty sectors, the vast nothingness of space. Also you won't see outside of your one sector grid around your home sector until you send probes out to explore.

so i send probes to those empty sectors?

The other planets in your solar system are already outposts. The next steps for you would be to send out probes to start exploring galaxy. Once your probes find some new planets in nearby star systems you'll want to start creating new outposts (or colonies) so you can start building up the amount of CO / RO you're collecting.

In case you haven't see this thread Raven gives a pretty good overview of how to approach the game. (people's play styles may vary but it's a good starting point over all.)

http://www.zarksoft.com/cms/showthre...of-the-Eclipse