Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ok, this is embarrassing but....

Quote Originally Posted by BooDro82 View Post
    alright...so should i have harvesters deliver resources to the outposts?
    Negative. Think of outposts as Planetary Mines. All they do is produce Ore (rare or ordinary). Deliver all your ore to your Homeworld for now, it's where the Factories are located.

ok, i started building a shipyard yesterday am i getting the basics down?
    Sounds like it. Just remember, Outposts support
    The colony worlds, (the production facilities), not the other way around.

ooooh...ok so all of these "mines" produce ore and it increases my "total ore"?

And when you do make your first
    Colony Ship, make sure you send it to a world which is at least 60-80% Terraformed. You'll see that in the planet's stats. And it takes like 6 hours till your colony world traces 100Mu population, so don't set up your first new cony near Someone you know to be hostile. A new Colony has 120k Common Ore on it, so its ripe
    For the picking.

ooooh...ok so all of these "mines" produce ore and it increases my "total ore"?
    Mines produce ore and start stockpiling it on the planet itself. You use harvesters to remove
    The stockpiled ore from the outpost to the Colony, where it is utilized to produce more harvesters, probes, ships, ect... Don't forget to set your Technology Specialty and queue up some research, which is in the top icon that looks like a flow chart or "Tree"

thanks for all of the help guys...im really starting to understand.
    my probe came across a sector with a red glowing light and planets it says 0/0/2...?

The video tutorials are an extremely basic guide to helping you begin your game, and in no way cover all the beginning basics. When it comes to trading, start reading some of the threads that are
    Titled "Trade" and such. It's a lot of information, do the more you read and te more
    Questions you answer, either by reading or asking, the better prepared you'll be. Only a small handful of
    People here know what to expect in the weeks and months ahead into a game.

thanks for all of the help guys...im really starting to understand.
    my probe came across a sector with a red glowing light and planets it says 0/0/2...?
    The lights don't matter, that's just the color of the Sun, which as far as I know has no significant meaning. The 0/0/2 goes like this: Forat Number is how many planets you have in that sector second is how many other players have in the sector and the Last is how many total planets
    Are on the sector.

Starting out you want harvesters to take resources from your outposts and bring them back to your homeworld since that's the only place you have factories that can build more ships. The economies are localized so you need resources at the location that you want to build things.

alright. another question...so if a sector says 1/0/5 it means i control one of the 5 planets..and if i build a colony on one of those then i will own them all...but if i just put an outpost then i only control that one?