Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combat report changes

Combat report changes

I know this is a big deal, and I'm working on it today. I don't see much point in enabling the old ones, because nobody found them useful.

So, for the new report, I plan to have the following:

Sector/planet where the fight was (Grid reference)
    ships on your side, ships on the other side
    ships you lost, ships you killed
    The winner

Anything else ?

I would be interested in seeing a round-by-round breakdown of the battle, if that isn't showing too much of the sausage-making.

I don't think that's possible. The email limit is around 2K and I can see that easily being exceeded once the number of ships gets up there.

Will this be the same information if you attack a colony/outpost?

Yes, in which case it would include the planet as either the attacker or defender whichever the case may be.

Is there any way, if you lose, to see how much damage you did to the colony? or is there really no damage done it's either you win or lose?

On a side note we are also building in to the client a "Report" tab on the "Message" screen, as well as implementing the "Notices" so the little popup notices will be recorded in the "Notices" tab, it will only list the last 100 notices you have received.

On the report tab you will also have a button on the report that will let you jump to the sector or planet referenced by the report. It should make locating the place much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Velucritus View Post
    Is there any way, if you lose, to see how much damage you did to the colony? or is there really no damage done it's either you win or lose?
    Probably not possible, I'll have to see. The colony does take damage, but unless someone can do a finishing move on it, it will heal up for the next attack, so essentially fights are just win/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    On a side note we are also building in to the client a "Report" tab on the "Message" screen, as well as implementing the "Notices" so the little popup notices will be recorded in the "Notices" tab, it will only list the last 100 notices you have received.

On the report tab you will also have a button on the report that will let you jump to the sector or planet referenced by the report. It should make locating the place much easier.
    *thumbs up*
    SCAT - who needs guns when you have RO