Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Aspect Recommendations

Hybrid View

Social Aspect Recommendations

First, I would love to see a better way to contact people I encounter on the map. For example, when I discover a new homeworld or the ship of another person I would like to be able to easily send that person an email or message declaring war/peace, etc.

Second, I would like to see the text message boards to be more like forums. They should keep a memory of everything said for a certain period of time... the game feels so empty to me without the social aspect and I can never find anyone online to chat with. If you made it like a forum I could respond to things that were posted hours beforehand.

Third, I would really like to see a better way to filter the diplomacy screen. It would rock to see a button there that allows me to check a descending list based on planets/ships/points...etc.

I am super psyched about this game... it has the potential to be my all-time favorite game (not just iOS) but the social aspect is lacking so much that I might as well be playing alone. I don't even feel like I am playing against an AI. I am sure (or at least I am hoping) that this changes as the newest games start to progress more... but even so, if we hope to keep new players we have to have more social interaction as early on as possible. Without that, and adding the huge learning curve, the game might not survive the initial hype phase... and that would really suck because I KNOW this game for what is could be... fucking bad ass.

Anyway; amazing game, amazing concept... keep it going. I will be playing as long as it lasts - already hooked.

Thanks

I second that! The current chat is never being used so it's impossible to meet new people without physically running into them. I was thinking to maybe set up a forum that could be accessed both, thru game and life forum website.

Yes, an ingame/standalone chat system that saves a certain amount of messages would rock. I like the standalone part especially, as it'd help keep players in touch without being in game all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitymops View Post
    First, I would love to see a better way to contact people I encounter on the map. For example, when I discover a new homeworld or the ship of another person I would like to be able to easily send that person an email or message declaring war/peace, etc.
    If you discover a planet, a probe in your system, ships, etc, all you have to do is click on them and there is an icon that will easily let you send a mail message to whomever it belongs to.

One thing that will be in the next client is that players will be logged into general chat automatically. So far it seems like if I actually join a chat channel and hang out other people will come around but generally it seems to be a self fulfilling cycle where no one chats because no one's chatting already. We're also looking into some more public scoring options so players are a little more aware of what's going on in the world around them from the get go.

As for in game forums / chat histories I'll talk with Zark / Tsagoth and see how time consuming something like that would be, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    One thing that will be in the next client is that players will be logged into general chat automatically. So far it seems like if I actually join a chat channel and hang out other people will come around but generally it seems to be a self fulfilling cycle where no one chats because no one's chatting already. We're also looking into some more public scoring options so players are a little more aware of what's going on in the world around them from the get go.

As for in game forums / chat histories I'll talk with Zark / Tsagoth and see how time consuming something like that would be, etc.
    Sounds great! I cannot wait for all the great updates I am sure will come. Thanks for responding so fast too!

We are looking into a chat history, something like when you join, showing you the last 50 messages.

I would also like to be able to easily see who is online. Currently u have to scroll through the entire list of players. U should have it show online users first then offline alphabetically

Private chats

In a previous game a couple of us could not get the chat to work. Is there a trick to getting private chat to work? I would create the channel with said person but he never saw the chat.
    IA

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Aegis View Post
    In a previous game a couple of us could not get the chat to work. Is there a trick to getting private chat to work? I would create the channel with said person but he never saw the chat.
    IA
    If you invite someone to chat they should get a notice of the invite. Then they need to go to the chat menu (lower right corner) and select the "Invites" tab. Then they should see a list of open invites that they can join.