Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech vs. Production

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    Jet - In the planet defense thread we mentioned that we'll be nerfing the population growth rates pretty significantly with the next server update. Unmodified Terran Planets will take about 7.5 days to hit 400mu.
    It would be cool if population of the planet had a direct effect on the ore production by that planet.

I don't see making outpost ships more expensive as the solution but more of a tweak - really making them cost more simply means that players who have resources will continue to have more resources; Obviously if it's way more cost effective to just take a planet then that's not really balanced either. The more important measure by far is to have a throttling mechanism on the rate of expansion. If you can control a limited number of planets that applies to both planets gained through construction and conquest.

I smell a new skill coming about

Well, I enjoy the exhilaration of fighting to get land. And it's not like when you claim a planet it's forever yours, other people can take over your land. I also think that those who put more time in *should* be given an advantage. That's kinda the name of any MMO.
    Empire of the Eclipse
    Seris | Aruru | Trader | Friend me, I'm friendly | Would live to start some trades with other players
    Seris | Mareth | Trader | Friend me, I'm friendly | Would live to start some trades with other players

Gamecenter ID: HashTagKiller

You'll still be able to fight for land and more dedicated players are still most likely going to find the best systems but it'll happen at a more measured pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Seris View Post
    I also think that those who put more time in *should* be given an advantage. That's kinda the name of any MMO.
    This is where I disagree and had hoped that EotE would be different. I too have a life and "should" limit my gameplay. As a new player i immediately jumped in and started the land grab style of play because I have become so conditioned by all of the other mmo games.

I'll make a suggestion that I have made elsewhere. During sign up. Simply create a play limited server. Limiting gameplay to an hour per day or whatever people agree is good for limited play. There will always be the opportunity to join an unlimited play game if you want something additional to do.

Even better yet a hosting system allowing a single player to tailor and balance a game by deciding how many of each type of races may join, deciding the amount of gameplay per day and being able to invite players as a group. You could have an all warlord game, all traders, etc

The only multiplayer game that has kept me playing for more than a year was Stars! In fact I played almost 4 years consistently. Granted it was a turn based game, but I only invested an hour or so a day in it and found it incredibly enjoyable because of the invited groups. Some of us played more than 2 years together through multiple games because we liked each others play style. I believe it would work well in this game with the slow build and research queues. It's like generating a daily turn in slow motion

There are still small groups playing that game more than a dozen years
    later. Checkout Stars! Auto host for ideas. I think it's still alive
    Last edited by BAC33; 06-29-2012 at 08:02 AM.