Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeworld shifted?

Homeworld shifted?

My home world moved to another planet in Irakalla? How is this possible? The little blue icon went from my original starting planet to a new planet? That means if I get attacked here I can lose? All my defense is at original starting planet.

I sent a bug report. Or does the little blue icon next to starting planet mean something different. I thought it meant it is the home world?

The devs know about this and are working on a fix. It's because you too over a planet of a player who was assigned a home world, but hadn't logged in yet.

Thanks for the explanation. At first I saw the blue icon on my HW gone and thought I lost it already!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenzachary View Post
    The devs know about this and are working on a fix. It's because you too over a planet of a player who was assigned a home world, but hadn't logged in yet.
    That doesn't make sense though. For his homeworld to disappear, wouldn't that mean they originally assigned that homeworld to two players. I thought the issue you describe just meant you could lose colonies you took early in the game before other people joined not your homeworld.

I thought if a player took a world belonging to someone else if would just look like a regular world. Not sure why the HW marker would move.

It is very weird.

I don't understand the HW marker moving either. I am suspicious that the client is perhaps getting confused by seeing multiple HW flags, and so displays the last one seen. I'll have to talk to Z about this, client mechanics are a mystery to me.

My homeworld just moved as well, and I think I know what happened. I colonized a new juicy looking system, that I believe was meant to be a homeworld for a player who never joined. It's planet_60 and I think only homeworlds have numbers that low. Anyway, after colonizing, the next time I logged in, my newest colony had the homeworld marker.

For strategery's sake, I'd like to know which one I should treat as my hmeworld. I liked the previous location better

Edit: yeah and it started with 400Mu population.
    Last edited by Royce; 06-03-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Do both of them have the homeworld marker or just hte new one?

Just the new one. I'm trying to quickly colonize the area in case it's a permanent shift. Then again, what happens if that player eventually joins? Would my homeworld shift back or would I be homeless?

Okay scratch that. I just logged back in and now both have the homeworld symbol. I guess I have dual citizenship

Edit: in the planets list, only the new one does. In the map, both do now.