Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ninsurhag

Ninhursag seems to have dropped again. Connection impossible. Waiting patiently.

Ninhursag has returned to service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    Ninhursag has returned to service.
    Do you guys sleep?

My fault, I forgot to set the watchdog. When you join a new game, the server picks a home world that is (on average) the farthest away from any other homeworld.
    Are you saying that home world locations are messed up on this server because some flag wasn't set?

I've already given up on Ninsurhag. My home world spawned in one of the absolute corners of the universe, which I thought would be cool, but there are no other systems within 10 sectors, and the first ones I've found are already claimed by players with home systems right near them. I'm not a trader, so there is almost no point in continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post
    My fault, I forgot to set the watchdog. When you join a new game, the server picks a home world that is (on average) the farthest away from any other homeworld.
    Are you saying that home world locations are messed up on this server because some flag wasn't set?

I've already given up on Ninsurhag. My home world spawned in one of the absolute corners of the universe, which I thought would be cool, but there are no other systems within 10 sectors, and the first ones I've found are already claimed by players with home systems right near them. I'm not a trader, so there is almost no point in continuing.
    Haha I have the same thing
    I'm not a trader ether but still going for it

Perhaps this will be resolver as new servers fill with greater quantities of players...time and patience...and bug squashing.

Quote Originally Posted by JetJaguar2000 View Post

No. The homeworld squares are picked at random around the universe before any planets are spawned. There are some restrictions on location, like an HW can't be placed in an empty space square, or a black hole, etc. Their locations remain fixed throughout the game. When a player joins a game the free HW sector list is scanned and the sector which has the highest avg distance from all other players is selected and assigned to the joining player. Players were irked in beta when they occasionally started right next to somebody, so we tried to space people out more. It is still possible to get a starting position that is terrible. It is also possible to get a starter system that has 5 Terrans, although it is pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Do you guys sleep?
    Not much. A little more than launch weekend, but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Do you guys sleep?
    It's overrated.