Thread: is this possible or is a hack?

is this possible or is a hack?

I found this player that have
    1Bu Common ore
    999Mu rare ore
    Attached Images Attached Images

What server is that in? If its Nergal, I suppose that's possible, as they haven't reset it in a long time. But if it's any of the competition servers, I think we have a problem. Though no one should be able to hack this game, as everything is server side only, or so I think I read.

999Mu is a GM planet for testing.

aa ok ... thx for info

Delete this topic ...
    Last edited by romars; 06-04-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by romars View Post
    I found this player that have
    1Bu Common ore
    999Mu rare ore
    lol.. I'm a hacker... You found my in game persona... I was curious how long it was going to be before someone found me. I guess you can also note from the image that I don't do much. I saw someone in my system the other day of a game that just started and I said to Tsagoth, maybe I should make a SCT and collapse my star.
    Last edited by zarkwizard; 06-04-2012 at 02:49 PM.

So is it possible to hack the game without first hacking the server? I'm no hacker, so this could be a stupid question. But like there are jailbroken iPhones out there that can get an app that allows them to buy IAPs for free. Is that possible with this game? I hope not for you all.

Ok good :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk07 View Post
    So is it possible to hack the game without first hacking the server? I'm no hacker, so this could be a stupid question. But like there are jailbroken iPhones out there that can get an app that allows them to buy IAPs for free. Is that possible with this game? I hope not for you all.
    No. It was funny, on launch day I kept seeing these weird errors on the accounting server, invalid receipts. I thought the server was bugged and that we were screwed. Then I noticed the funny receipts were all kind of the same. So I did some Googling and realized it was people trying to use an IAP cracker on us. It's mostly stopped now but there's one every once in a while still. Very amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    No. It was funny, on launch day I kept seeing these weird errors on the accounting server, invalid receipts. I thought the server was bugged and that we were screwed. Then I noticed the funny receipts were all kind of the same. So I did some Googling and realized it was people trying to use an IAP cracker on us. It's mostly stopped now but there's one every once in a while still. Very amusing.
    Haha, GOOD! Very glad you are immune to this. Though I'd be wary of them developing a workaround. I hate that people can do this in other games, and for obvious reasons we all know why it would be bad for this game.