Thread: Ships lost to anomaly?

Ships lost to anomaly?

Does anyone know if ships reported lost because of a space anomaly are due to run ins with hostile ships, or a random code in game that says sometimes ships get lost?
    I've lost about 7 probes in the last 24hrs to space anomalies (some very shortly after beginning transit). The report mentions nothing about be destroyed...just lost.

If it's a single square where they vanish it's likely not a hostile.

I've probed quite a bit of the entire galaxy, about 88%, there seems got be an area dead center that's unreachable to me so far. I wonder what the trick is to get in there. anyone know and care to share? I'm going to try sending in a fleet of 2 battle ships shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by ColfaxJones View Post
    I've probed quite a bit of the entire galaxy, about 88%, there seems got be an area dead center that's unreachable to me so far. I wonder what the trick is to get in there. anyone know and care to share? I'm going to try sending in a fleet of 2 battle ships shortly.
    I've heard the center has a lot of blackholes in and around the center. If this IS the case, then you will need to research Astrophysics and Hyperspace "something" tech. The Hyperspace one allows you to effectively travel through sectors with blackholes in them, I believe.

I found a spot in my home sector that ate all my probes, and then I found the big area in the middle of the galaxy that ate stuff. After studying hyperspace physics I discovered that the spot in my home sector was indeed a black hole (nice graphics) but there wasn't anything useful in there. But the big area in the middle of the galaxy still eats my ships. I was hoping I would find cool stuff in there. Ah well.

Big area is aliens as far as I remember from previous posts