Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch today (June 03) at 1600 EDT

Patch today (June 03) at 1600 EDT

All servers down for a small patch.

- change to targeting to spread attacks more evenly on overcommitted targets
    - change to resource generation to allow +2K planets to spawn (future games only. retro patch still to come for existing game)
    - major reduction in population growth. Colonists will no longer spawn like bunnies
    - fixes to the proxy servers to correct memory leaks
    - orbitals now count towards your total ship count
    - shipyards no longer count as part of your ship count

Thanks for the patch notes!

Just a quick thought: Any ETA on when they'll be back?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLion View Post
    Just a quick thought: Any ETA on when they'll be back?

Right now

All servers have been patched and returned to service.

Since the patch I can't hold a connection for more than 30 seconds. I maybe have time to move one probe, then it disconnects while I'm moving the second. Tried killing and restarting the client, but didn't help.

Edit: the problem seems to have resolved itself after I moved all my probes. FYI, if it means anything to you guys, most of my disconnects (maybe all) since I started playing have occurred when I was choosing a destination for ship movement.
    Last edited by Royce; 06-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.

The disconnect thing is pretty random. We really need to get the new client out, it is just so much better. Z and I are on Facetime all day today ironing stuff out.

The disconnect is really about the stable Internet connection. I notice when I'm not moving or in bad connection spot, I pretty much don't disconnect at all.

Hmm have you guys ever player chaos and order? They have this interesting feature that lets say if you switch to other app for few minutes, when you switch back to the game, it will restore the connection t your character without going thru the login. It's like a synchronizing effect. Maybe something similar could be adopted?

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    The disconnect is really about the stable Internet connection. I notice when I'm not moving or in bad connection spot, I pretty much don't disconnect at all.
    I'm at home, and the connection was fine before the patch. Same Internet after but kept dropping out. I don't even consider disconnects on 3G as disconnects since I realize the network is likely to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Hmm have you guys ever player chaos and order? They have this interesting feature that lets say if you switch to other app for few minutes, when you switch back to the game, it will restore the connection t your character without going thru the login. It's like a synchronizing effect. Maybe something similar could be adopted?
    Part of a post from Lee on TA:
    We'll be submitting a new build soon that fixes the disconnect issues / auto logs in after switching apps and other things.