Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attacking planets

Attacking planets

I attempting to attack a planet with my fleet, I issue the orders get peace warning prompt click ok and start the attack and the ships graphically seem to do their thing but after that my game client seems to not communicate with the server anymore then eventually disconnects. Then have to fuss around connecting again and it all appears that I've done nothing and my fleet is sat in orbit no longer attacking.

What server ? What planet is the target ?

Irkalla Galaxy 4,0, Sector 16,11, Planet_45

The last fight seems to have done something, as I've lost a few ships, but not combat report.

Still having problems trying to re-egage with fight.

Edit:

It took a fair few attempts for anything to happen the first time. And should the fleet not continue attacking till one party is dead or told to retreat?
    Last edited by Magorath; 06-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.

There is no retreat, it's all in til someone is dead.

So any idea what's happening with my fight?

Sorry, I've been asleep in my chair the last hour or so, I'll have a look.

The fight stopped, haven't determined why. You can try attacking again.

Edit: It looks like the server crashed during the fight.

Edit: it looks like you had so many ships that the watchdog thought the server was frozen and it killed it.

It happened again with the slightly reduced amount of ships. Not worth attacking anymore when i've got less ships the population now, I moved the remainder of the fleet away. Rebuilding my fleet and I'll try again once I'm back at numbers.

I presume that same thing happened again the second time around?

This just happened to me on aruru. Attacked a home world with sufficient force to take it (confident in that, as I've taken one home world already). When the server came back, the combat has ended, I've lost half my ships (expected), but the planet remains in the other player's possession.

The problem is caused by the fact I have pretty detailed logging for combat activated. When there are too many ships, the thread gets very busy and the watchdog thinks the server has hung and then kills it and restarts it. Today's patch changes the freeze detection so that larger combats should complete properly.