Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attacking planets

Are you able to roll back before the crash, or are we just SOL?

No, I can't roll back. I have removed the watchdog on Aruru, I see there is a large fight in progress right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    No, I can't roll back. I have removed the watchdog on Aruru, I see there is a large fight in progress right now.
    Oh, peachy. Looks like the fully healed planet decided to kill what was left of my bugged fleet. I'm done on Aruru now, wasting days building 600+ ships to lose them all to this is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by catswift View Post
    Oh, peachy. Looks like the fully healed planet decided to kill what was left of my bugged fleet. I'm done on Aruru now, wasting days building 600+ ships to lose them all to this is too much.
    Ouch.... Sucks man. Sorry for your losses. Hopefully removing the watchdog doesn't cause new problems to arise. Definitely sucks to lose that much time.

Glad they're getting it right quickly though.

600. omg. Thats crazy. Which planet. Maybe one of mine?
    Last edited by mischmi; 06-06-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Ok, round two. Attacked the same planet as before, this time with 584 cruisers and 134 battlecruisers. This time the planet no longer had any orbitals or anything, so it was a straight up fight. I have already taken a different home world with the same population, using less ships. This time, all my ships destroyed, planet remains in the other player's control.

Why did my bigger fleet not manage to take the planet?

Tell me the server and planet so I can pull the logs

Aruru, Galaxy 3,0, Sector 12,9. The planet is probably Planet_288 (I do not know for sure, but 287, 286, and 285 are all in the same system)

I don't see that fight yet. I see you attacking Planet 79, which is a real homeworld and looks like you got slaughtered. The problem is you are using mostly cruisers and small ships don't do much damage to a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    I don't see that fight yet. I see you attacking Planet 79, which is a real homeworld and looks like you got slaughtered. The problem is you are using mostly cruisers and small ships don't do much damage to a planet.
    The planet currently named "Home 8" was a real home world which I have already taken with a force of about 60 bc and 560 cruisers. According to the current combat rules disclosed on the forum, and another player's helpful spreadsheet (sorry, I forget the name of the poster), that calculated enough to be able to take a home world with about 50% losses. And on the first test attack, it proved to be correct.

The second test attack (different home world) I had something around 580 cruisers and 120 battlecruisers. That encountered to watch-dog-killing-the-server-in-the-middle-of-battle-bug.

The third test attack (same home world as the second), I had 584 cruisers and 134 battlecruisers. More firepower than the original successful attack and capture of a home world.
    Last edited by catswift; 06-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.