Thread: Trade Initiation Procedure Suggestion

Trade Initiation Procedure Suggestion

When you are in the orbit of another player's planet (say, "Planet A") with one of your trading vessels and you press the trade button, instead of manually looking for one of your planets to trade with (which will be insanely arduous by the end of the game), do the following:

1. Bring up a list of your planets that are currently not trading with Planet A
    2. List the planets in order of either distance or amount of ore at that planet
    3. Select a planet from the list and press OK

I am full of yes for this suggestion.

Hehe. Navigating back out to the Galaxy view to pick the planet I want to trade with is quite the hassle, especially considering I have spent quite some time naming my planets so I can specifically tell them apart.

So yes, please to this suggestion...
    --
    Noah

You can also go to the planet screen and select the planet to trade with there. The quickest way to set up a trade route or a harvesting route is go to the planet listing screen and select a planet from there. You don't have to navigate through all the maps to find your planet.

If you select a planet in he planet listing you will see that you can set the route to that specific planet.

Although showing which ones you are trading with might be something we need to look at adding.

Quote Originally Posted by zarkwizard View Post
    Although showing which ones you are trading with might be something we need to look at adding.
    Definitely, I currently have a massive spreadsheet set up with different phases of my trade routes colour coded so I can tell them apart. Probably the biggest hassle is counting the squares to see what kind of ship is most efficient. This gets especially tricky when the two planets are in two different galactic sectors.
    Last edited by AntiHaze; 06-05-2012 at 06:38 PM.

I know I would be all in favour of adding AntiHaze's massive spreadsheet to the game client! LOL That sounds pretty ideal, having colour-coded trade routes highlighted, a calculator for distance for ship efficiency, etc. Very cool.

(Hoping something that at least adds better visual tracking of trade/harvest routes gets added at some point... all these planet numbers, sector numbers, galaxy numbers - all become a blur to me when I look at a list. And if the visual guide could show me who I'm trading with, where the trade is taking place, and the amount of incoming/outgoing that it's producing in real time -- well, that would be just fine by me, heh)

We read the fine print too.. It's on the list of things we would like to add to the client. Sometimes the issue isn't so much something we can do, but how does the information get displayed without cluttering up the interface. That's the bigger issue we tend to have.

If anyone ever wants to take a stab at mocking something up we'd be happy to look at it.

One thing that would be tremendously helpful when setting up trade routes is showing the current DISTANCE of each planet from your trade route source.

I like how you can click on the Planets overview to see a listing of trade destinations, but without being able to easily see the distance of each planet from the source, I still have to zoom out and zoom in to find the planet I want to send my cargo ships to.
    --
    Noah