Great work guys on the latest patch. MANY improvements both small and large. I would have left this game last week if it weren't for your commitment to solving these problems quickly and effectively.
On that note, I was hoping to see an improvement to planetary information but didn't so... here are my 2 cents

Probes and/or planetary information needs to be reworked. Ideally, when a ship enters a solar system, or if you have a planet in that system you should be able to see who owns each planet in that system without having to go to each individual planet. This information should be remembered, but update only if you still have a ship or planet within that system. Besides the unnecessary discomfort to exploration and intel that the current system causes, it also produced one of the most odd circumstances in gaming memory:
I was at war with a player and entered a new solar system full of planets I didn't own. I wanted to know which planets if any, were his but I couldn't get info on a planet without having ships there, and I couldn't land ships there without auto attacking which destroys the planet before I could even see who's planet I was destroying... I looked at my list of players with war status to try to sort it out but had many players to choose from... crazy...

Hopefully the new notification system will help but there is NO reason a ship or planet within a solar system shouldn't be able to see who owns another planet within that system... is there??