Thread: Reduce Client Download Size to <50MB

Reduce Client Download Size to <50MB

I almost couldn't update/play this week since I wasn't near my wifi. Fortunately I found an unprotected network Still, I am on the road a lot, and I would be so much more comfortable if I knew I could download updates over 3G. Maybe stream the videos instead of packaging them, or just compress the installation files more if possible.

I second this as I travel allot as well

You can't. This is a big game, you are not exactly playing pacman here

The videos have been removed. Under 50MB though, I don't know. There's a lot of Retina artwork.

Oh, great now i need an iPad 3. To see all the pretty graphics!

I have iPad 1

I jailbroke my iPhone and removed the 3G restrictions so I could download this at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    The videos have been removed. Under 50MB though, I don't know. There's a lot of Retina artwork.
    I have faith in your powers of compression Or maybe you could have some portion of the app download when you first open it. I'm sure I've seen that done.

There might be some things we could do.. The problem is the artwork. It would take a lot of bandwidth if you wanted the retina art. We could just include the lowres art, and then people could be given the option to download the retina art. We would have to think about how we would want to do that.

Since if we made the art a separate download it would then be consuming our bandwidth for everyone that wants the hires art.

I don't like this suggestion. If the artwork is the cause for the 50mb+ size, then that's how its gunna be. Just jump on WiFi to download the game. WiFi is EVERYWHERE.
    --
    Noah