Hi all,
I was reading another area of the forum where there was a discussion on different win conditions and that currently the model doesn't necessarily force communication. I have a general idea but the concept is stolen from Master of Orion (with me adding some adjustments for this game).

What if there were a fourth option which is a Global Council which occurs every week or two. In that council everyone in the server has a vote they can cast for who they think the party in charge should be (they can also abstain). It is anonymous and you don't see the vote count until you vote. Everyone who votes for the winner is part of the winning "team". I was thinking about a President but that still forces only one winner whereas this would allow for much more of a team game. In case you couldn't tell I tend to prefer team battles over single player conflicts.

Not sure if that is possible but I could see that resulting in people trying a lot of diplomacy and working in groups to get as many votes as possible. Could also spur fights between groups more than trading/research would do. I could see some impressive team battles in that situation as well. If wiping out one person results in the drop needed to get your team to 50% there could be huge back and forths. I see this resulting in the potential for a quicker game but I think I would have a blast playing this.

Once again maybe completely impossible but my two cents.

Chris