I've read Ravens guide, And I'm in 3 games thus far, and I feel like I'm missing something.

For note, I've been playing 4x games since MoO, so I generally know my way around them.

I feel like I'm moving too slow. On Ningal, I'm apparently so far behind, my outposts are getting taken, and I haven't even gotten to Offensive Initiative for destroyers (it just started an hour ago) so I've basically given up on that server. I took the Trader speciality. Is ere anyway to resign, and quit the server?

My general tech order (in 3 games) has been Advanced Shipyards, into Remote Harvesting and Advanced Materials collection, and generally a couple of other science techs...I think Planetology and Power Generation before snagging Offensive Initiative. I'm guessing that's way too slow.

Also, I send out outpost ships as fast as I can get them, but not a colony ship until I have just about 240k CO. I'm guessing that's too slow as well.

Anything I can do faster? Should I be moving Offensive Initiative up? I barely know what to look for to adjust my tech queue, and am really just looking for some other general advice.