Thread: Hyperspace physics not working

Hyperspace physics not working

Ok so I'm thinking that there is a bug here but not really sure since I don't really know how these things are supposed to work...
    I spent 2 days researching hyperspace physics so that I might explore the big "anomaly" in the centre if the galaxy only to see my ships still vanish when it enters one of those centre grids... Is that not a black hole?? If not, what do I need to research so you can go in there?? Please explain.
    Thanks

The big anomalies are rumored to be aliens, while single sector anomalies are black holes.

Aliens!!! Would be so cool if they were ai controlled and invaded people, taking over.

You have to reach a certain level of trained skillpoints to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagoth View Post
    You have to reach a certain level of trained skillpoints to survive.
    Could you explain what does it mean? Do I have to research more levels for Hyperspace physics? My probes got smothered on the edge of alien haven.

Yeah, I get that you guys want to keep some things secret but there is a difference between cool surprises and intolerably frustrating misinformation. These research upgrades take a LONG time and upgrading hyperspace physics talks about a speed advantage, not a better survival chance. The description for the tech reads as a all-or nothing. You either live.... Or you don't...
    What level do I need to research to to explore the centre portion?
    Can we get a clear description of the tech?
    No need to reveal surprises, Just the facts pls

There is no specific skill or a particular rank of a skill or that you have to have a specific skill at a certain Tier. When you have enough skills trained at whatever ranks, such that your combined skill "points" are a certain number, then you will survive the center squares. I don't know what the actual points value is. You either need a lot of low level skills, or you need a few high-ranked ones. What number represents "a lot" or "a few" is unknown to me. On the server displays I would see it as you being Tech Level 6. I don't know if we display that value anywhere on the client or not.

Nevermind - Tsagoth answered while I was answering.

Thank you for clarification.
    At the client side there is a Player Details table. Skill Details section display Skills and Skill Pls(?): My skills value is 302 ATM. I let you guys know when I can enter.
    Last edited by SG7; 06-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Ok, thanks for the info as well. My "skills" = 349 and my "skill pts" = 20. No idea how these numbers are generated but I too will let you know when I can enter the zone.