Thread: Increase Population?

Increase Population?

How can i increase population on my new colony from 1M to 400M?

Wait. The population will increase on its own. If its not a Terran planet, it won't make it to 400Mu without terraforming.

Additionally the planetology / genetic manipulation skills will increase the rate at which your population grows.

Lee it looks like the population growth on anything other than terrain planet is soooooo much slower! Is this the intent?

I would assume so. It'd be the equivalent of trying to make two civilizations, one on Earth and one on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Supamand View Post
    Lee it looks like the population growth on anything other than terrain planet is soooooo much slower! Is this the intent?
    That is the intent - some planets are better for colonizing than others unless you put some work in to terraform them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedot View Post
    That is the intent - some planets are better for colonizing than others unless you put some work in to terraform them.
    So is population growth rate (as well as max population), a function of terraform level, or does planet type influence population growth independently (not through base terraform level).

I realize Terran planets are meant to be best for colonies, but I figured a water planet would be pretty good. I have a week old colony on one and it just got its second factory recently. I can't imagine how slow the other types must be if what I'm watching is the second fastest