Thread: Dead Probes?

Hybrid View

Dead Probes?

I have 3 probes that show in the ships tab but when I go to them.. there is nothing there. Did they get destroyed? It seems like they are still taking up cap slots as well.

Or are they still there and this is some kind of bug?

I would three finger tap the game screen and send a bug report. Sometimes the client gets confused and thinks a ship is in two locations. If you move it from the where it actually is, the erroneous entry in your ship list should also disappear (if that's what you're experiencing).

I bugged it. As far as I can tell, they don't exist anymore so I can't move em.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dashefsky View Post
    I bugged it. As far as I can tell, they don't exist anymore so I can't move em.
    Oh, are you on Nergal? I would lose probes in "unexplored" sectors all the time there. I think it's a bug specific to that server that will be fixed when they finally reset it (it's been months apparently).

It might be a bug. Although the worst of the ghosting has been fixed, there still seems to be some ships turning invisible at the sun. I haven't figured out what's causing it yet.

This may not be a fix that works for everyone, but I had 3 lost probes recently. However, they reappeared when I sent another probe to the same sector that the original ones disappeared in. Luckily, mine were traveling in a straight line and I could just see where the explored sectors ended to deduce where the probes went ghostly on me.

I'd be interested to know if this helps.

I have this happen to me every time I lose a prob, they go away in a few days, at least for me. I'll have to try sine of the above fixes, thanks for the info.

Yep.. it was on the tutorial server.