Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Researcher Win Condition questions

Bump! Lots of questions left unanswered.

Bump agains devs. Still need lots of answers here please

I'm curious about this as well... some clarification would be appreciated.

Any response to this?
    --
    Noah

I destroyed my star, and about 4 - 5 others, and still have 0% progress in the game.... Either i am doing it wrong, or it is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    I destroyed my star, and about 4 - 5 others, and still have 0% progress in the game.... Either i am doing it wrong, or it is broken.
    Wouldn't surprise me that much if it was broken. It'd just bring it back inline with Trader and Warlord and leave 0 possible ways to win, since trader takes an impossible amount of resources traded, and warlord's planet killers require an equally ridiculous amount of resources to build.

Same problem here. I've destroyed about 8 stars and nothing. I don't really know what the +1 taps is either, though I've tried to collapse more than one at a time with the same solar core tap.

I responded in a different thread. Destroyed stars aren't being reported correctly, it's a bug.

This thread has long needed some answers and I will try to provide what I can after winning as a researcher on Belitlli.

Solar Core Taps are ships (not orbitals, despite the stats showing in game), and thus, they are mobile. They are slow, but not overly so. I did not clock them, but they seemed to move around the pace of my battleships (though again, I'm not entirely sure). In any event, I never felt like they took too long to move from system to system and they do not have to be built in the system that they are to be used.

Solar Core Taps must be placed in the orbit of the star (not an orbiting planet) before you have the option to turn on the core tap to create a black hole. If you have researched hyperspace physics your ships will be safe in the system with the new blackhole, but honestly everything happened so fast before the server came down that I did not really get to see how this all works. I wish I could tell you more here.

I believe the core taps can only turn a single sun into a blackhole until you research more levels of gravitron physics, in which case a single core tap can be used more than once.

I have no idea what the ascension device is, but I do not think it's part of the current game.

Two other things bug-related:

1. As Tsagoth has noted above, the black holes are not being properly recorded on your victory progress in game, but should be counting towards your victory behind the scenes. I recommend keeping track of your progress yourself and report any strange behavior as a bug.

2. This is one can be very frustrating, but if the server restarts aor goes down, then the progess on the solar core taps is lost, meaning that you will then need to restart any that did not run for the full 24 hours. I also noticed a problem that after 24 hours of running, they may not actually turn the sun into a blackhole, but this may have been a unique problem on Belitlli due to a number of server crashes while I was making blackholes. Another possible explanation is that I sometimes turned on cloaking before starting the core taps. This is for another thread, but cloaking may have some problems associated with it.