Thread: Military fleet alliance.

Military fleet alliance.

This is practical problem which came during conversation with other players. A few small players would like to unite against common enemy.

Can a fleet be composed from different player’s ships?

If such fleet successfully attacks a colony than the colony should belong to someone after the attack.
    There are many possible options here. The colony can belong to:

a) The strongest player in the fleet
    b) The one who has special admiral ship (outpost ship will do)
    c) A designated player agreed before the attack
    d) Belong to all attacking players

I think this is an interesting proposal. I wonder though, as the system stands, if three players have present military vessels upon the same orbit and player A is friendly with player B, but player B and A are both hostile with player C are the forces of A and B going to attack C and if so would they attack at the same time or have to take turns?

My problem with this is the potential for exploitation. Players can use multiple characters in a game to get an edge over their opponents. Currently, it's not a game breaking issue since all those characters have to work independently. Sure they can trade together and even gang up in successive attacks on another player, but each individual attack is on level ground, both fleets built by characters with the same amount of time to grow and collect resources. Allowing players to formally gang up in fleets, etc. could potentially throw that balance off much further and make it a game of who's got the most characters.

I believe they are already monitoring dual character abuse aren't they? Wouldn't use of fleets fall under the same consideration? Personally I feel one character per account on a server should be implemented.

It is one character per account but nothing stops multiple accounts.

As long as they are paying customers, let em work together.
    --
    Noah