Thread: Speed questions

Speed questions

A) What is the difference between warp speed and normal speed and when does each apply etc.

B) My cargo ship description says it is faster than the resource harvester... but the stats appear to be about the same its notrmal and warp speed arent any faster, what gives?

IIRC, for travel between squares on the sector map take the warp speed and divide by 5 to get the time it takes to move one square in seconds. I'm not sure why they did that instead of just giving you the actual time required, but...

As for cargo ship vs resource harvester, i see 1400 for RH and 1050 for CS for warp speed, which makes the cargo ship a fair bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by VanderLegion View Post
    IIRC, for travel between squares on the sector map take the warp speed and divide by 5 to get the time it takes to move one square in seconds. I'm not sure why they did that instead of just giving you the actual time required, but...

As for cargo ship vs resource harvester, i see 1400 for RH and 1050 for CS for warp speed, which makes the cargo ship a fair bit faster.
    My bad, I guess I assumed higher number = faster ship. Reverse seems counter-intuitive.

Thanks for the answers.

Yah, confused me at first as well. Like I said, I dunno why they don't just put the time per square as the speed instead of making you do the math from the speed to get the time in seconds, then convert that up to minutes etc. Not hard math, just annoying to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexist View Post
    A) What is the difference between warp speed and normal speed and when does each apply etc.
    Warp speed applies to travel between sectors. Normal speed applies to travel within a sector/system.