Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combat

Quote Originally Posted by harlan View Post
    Just sent 57 battleships against that outpost defended by an energy beam orbital. All died. I'm on Mareth, target was Planet 497, Tsagoth's monitor just happens to be visiting the system. Am interested to know if there's some other reason why that orbital won't die...
    Does anyone know? The description for the beam array says that's it's best suited for defense against lighter attack craft. Shouldn't it have been less effective against battleships? Once you have missile defense is there any reason to keep or build beam defenses?

Quote Originally Posted by BAC33 View Post
    Does anyone know? The description for the beam array says that's it's best suited for defense against lighter attack craft. Shouldn't it have been less effective against battleships? Once you have missile defense is there any reason to keep or build beam defenses?
    I always keep both. But I normally have double the amount of Missile Arrays versus Energy Arrays. The next build of the game will favor mixed attack forces, so having both will definitely help.