Thread: Simplification and Alliances

Hybrid View

Simplification and Alliances

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

First, I'd love to have a way to cycle through my colonies and/or ships that aren't currently doing anything. I think MOO2 had something like this? Once my empires get too big, it becomes very cumbersome to manage it all.

Second, some sort of brightly colored line on the sector maps showing trade ship routes would be the bees knees. I mean, like, I would marry it. Throw in a line for ships other than trade and I might just need to change my pants.

Third, alliances. Right now, I'm not sure why I should join one. It's a little like the hunger games. Sure, we can team up for a while, but to win we're going to have kill each other in the end. As such, I'm not getting the social aspect of alliances that really make games worth playing in the long run. I have no suggestion for making them more useful, just wish they were.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumias View Post
    First, I'd love to have a way to cycle through my colonies and/or ships that aren't currently doing anything. I think MOO2 had something like this? Once my empires get too big, it becomes very cumbersome to manage it all.
    I like this a lot. Almost as much as my systems menu suggestion that was shot down
    The route indicators on the map thing has been suggested a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumias View Post
    Second, some sort of brightly colored line on the sector maps showing trade ship routes would be the bees knees. I mean, like, I would marry it. Throw in a line for ships other than trade and I might just need to change my pants.
    Totally agree! I envision like having one line color showing trade routes, another line color showings harvest routes, maybe even arrow indicators showing if the trade was established by the other player or yourself. And showing the amounts of CO/RO being exchanged right there on the map screen without having to open any other screens? Priceless.

An alliance would win together was the suggestion as I recall