Thread: Trading

Trading

I would love to hear from one of the devs for sure on whether you are supposed to be able to have multiple trade routes set up to a single planet belonging to another player. I know you can only have 1 trade route set up between 2 planets, and I know you can have multiple routes from one of your planet to several other planets, but as far as I've been able to find in the various threads on trading, I've never seen a dev give a straight answer on whether you're supposed to be able to set up multiple trade routes from a single planet belonging to another player to multiple of your own planets. If I'm wrong and they have, if someone could point me to it that'd be helpful . If you're supposed to be able to, then it's still really broken and NEEDS to be fixed. If you aren't supposed to be able to, then it really needs to be changed so you can. In my game I'm playing as a trader, now a little over a quarter of the way into the game at just over two weeks, I've only managed to get 213k common ore and 84k rare ore from trading. That's not even 1% for either. Doing the math, it's about 0.005% for common ore. There's exactly 0 possibility I'm going to be able to get anywhere close to 4 billion common and a billion rare ore from trading to have a chance at winning. To put it in perspective for a warlord, I've killed 1 homeworld in that time (since he attacked me) of the 17 a warlord needs to win, which puts me past 5% already, and I could easily have killed quite a few more if I so desired (but that would be kind of silly on a trader since I need said homeworlds to trade with...). I don't see how a trader could possibly have a chance of winning the way it is right now. If I could set up multiple trade routes per planet, I mighta ctually have a shot. At this point, It almost seems like it'd be better to just start running around conquering everything I possibly can just to try to prevent OTHER people from trying to reach their own win conditions, even though that would pretty much guarantee I wouldn't have anyone to trade with anymore to even TRY for my own win condition...

Unless there's another trader out there that can tell me I'm doing something severely wrong? I've been sending ships to trade with every colony I can find in about a quarter of the galaxy (working on exploring the rest).

Note: My trade ships are all cargo ships atm since they're the best harvesters I have. I'm working on researching freighters, but given that they don't quite double the cargo cap per run, I would get somewhat less than double the income, so I'd still be FAR under 1%. Even if you quadrupled the amount of CO i've gotten (assuming 9 ranks of Contracts Management and freighters, ignoring the fact that that wouldn't actually quadruple the total amount, and it would take a decent amount of time to RESEARCH all that so i couldn't have had it all along anyway), that still would only put me at .02%.

I'm not doing the math... that's too tedious for an average gamer like myself.

I just conquered a 4 galaxy server with 16 players. No one can build anymore or the players aren't active... There's a bunch of planets, I'm skilling up so I can trade with my enemies... I have until September 29th to win with the Trade condition.

According to the devs I should be able to win... I'm going to try and see how far I get.